I tested negative for everything at the Nairobi hospital. I will continue to get tested every other day until I leave on the 17th. It turns out that the meds are causing a lot of what I thought to be symptoms...nausea and dizziness mainly. Last night topped the cake, though. One of the side effects of Doxycycline are nightmares and some have reported hallucinations. Last night I had both. I woke around 3am covered in sweat and feeling a bit nauseous. I found a cool place in the house and sat for about an hour until I felt better then went back to bed. Now, with everything that has been happening to my body I am super aware and get nervous anytime there is a strange feeling (which could be a bug crawling on me or my stomach making noise). As soon as I closed my eyes I went into another world. My belly grumbled and next thing I knew it started to grow and pulse. I rolled over on my back and rubbed my stomach...my whole front side had turned to jelly and there were rolling waves moving in every direction under my skin. I freaked out and went to wake my roommate but as soon as I opened my eyes everything was normal. I actually felt really good...no fever, sweat or nausea. I checked my stomach and everything was normal. This continued for several hours. I was good as long as I kept my eyes open. Just another day of the double dose of Doxy then I am back to my usual single dose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Travis,
ReplyDeleteThinking of you here in California and hoping you are well soon. I've been very sick in another country - hallucinations and the like - and know that being far from home adds to the whole scary mess. Know that you've got a lot of us here sending you good love.
Safe travels,
Shelley