Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Malaria!

I forgot to take my malaria pill two nights ago and woke up around 2am with a high fever and stomach cramps. They went away but have come back twice. This morning I arrived at the ANAW office, they took one look at me (I was feeling fine) and they said it looks like I have malaria. They took me to a near by clinic, the Doc ran some tests and said I most likely have malaria. They gave me a prescription that should cure me within the next three days. If the symptoms don't go away then they will treat me for typhoid. So far the symptoms have been mild...right now I am working in the ANAW office. Wish me luck in getting rid of the fire in my head and the pains in my stomach.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Travis, I hope you feel better soon. You should consider coming home early if you really do have malaria. It doesn't make sick to stay there and be sick.
    sage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They thought I had malaria when I spiked a fever in Togo, and loaded me up with meds via IV (prior to actual diagnosis--turned out to be mild infection)... I woke up the next day with fever gone, but 90% deaf and FREAKING OUT until they told me it was normal. Did your meds do the same thing? Hope you're feeling better, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am pretty sure that did not happen to travis, and he has had 1 good night and day, so hopefully the meds worked!

    ReplyDelete